Friday, October 7, 2011

10 hour day

At the beginning of the week I took 20 minutes and planned out our evening meals for the week.  I took the list to the grocery store and made sure I had all the ingredients I needed for each night.  This would prevent me from using an excuse to not follow my weekly "menu".  Monday and Tuesday went as planned.  Wednesday I worked a 10 hour day which meant I was out of the house by 6 am and didn't return until 5 pm.  I had been on my feet for the majority of the day.  I texted at least 2 people and said "screw that stir fry. I'm not going to stand there and cut everything up". What poor planning.  Note to self-don't plan a tedious meal on my 10 hour days.  But I came home and there was Andy  Superman peeling, washing, cutting, chopping veggies AND keeping E happy.   I did the rest. And I'm proud of it. Eli and Andy both scarf the stir fry, no matter what I put in it.  We always make enough for leftovers for the next day. 

The best part-it is very easy to make it gluten free.  As long as you have gluten free soy sauce and you don't use any glutened ingredients to thicken the sauce-you're home free.  Recently our secret ingredient is just a touch of peanut butter.  Who wants some?

No comments:

Post a Comment