Saturday, October 22, 2011

Twinkie

Today I went to a gluten free bakery called "Molly's Bakery".  It is tiny and sort of out in the middle of no where. It's attached to a small gluten free grocery store.
I bought a few fun treats.
But the highlight (I can say that now but haven't tried everything yet) was the "twinkie". 
It is to be known that I have not had a twinkie for probably 15 years (at least).  This is  not something I crave. BUT!  Earlier in the week I got a recommendation to try the "twinkie" which basically looks like a skinny, long donut that has a white cream filling.
I only bought one (they usually sell them in boxes of  4) because they are a fresh bakery item.  These are not something that I could buy a box of and then slowly devour over 3 weeks. 
I told her I was going to eat it on the way home in the car, if I could get away without my son seeing it.
She laughed and told me not to take a bite until we were 1 mile out.  She said so many buyers pull out, and right back into the parking lot to buy more because they can't resist after that first bite.
So again...not a huge twinkie fan...but this freshly baked, twinkie-like, yummy treat was perfect.  A true treat for pregnant ol' me.  Great consistency. Awesome flavor.  I'm sorta glad the bakery is far away so I can't indulge.  But man!! What a success.  Thanks "molly"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment