Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fantastic

Dear Mom,

It was a great weekend. Thanks for hosting and being SO helpful with my (and everyone's!) food allergies, preferences and intolerances.  I hope that somewhere within all the efforts you put towards the meals we ate-you also enjoyed some of the food. (??)  You don't know what it means to all of us to come celebrate a holiday with all the family we love and enjoy, meanwhile being able to eat and not worry, starve or feel guilty.  So thank you.

Tonight I just didn't feel like cooking.  I am/was tired.  Andy and I talked about it and decided that even though you had sent us home with ample leftovers, we just wanted a big plate of Mexican food. Yum.  But we forgot that it was Easter (maybe because Andy worked today).  So everything was closed.  Frustrating.

So we went back to the leftovers.

HOLY FANTASTIC-O!

The main reason for this letter is to let you know that the gluten free sub bun/roll you sent me home with was SO delish.  I made it into garlic bread.  Then I put 2 small pieces of the pork roast on it, with a pickle and some lettuce.  The consistency was perfect.  There was no weird after (or during) taste.  It would make a perfect hamburger or chicken sandwich bun.  Where oh where did you get those?  Is it a hassle to order it online and have it delivered? Do share. 

But overall-Thank you! 
Love,
The Youngest

2 comments:

  1. Dear Youngest - This is the 3rd time I'm trying to comment. You're welcome and any time, as long as it works! This should get you to the Schar Online Store for Schar Sub Sandwich Parbaked Rolls:
    schar.elsstore.com
    Liz was searching for Pat's leftover coleslaw :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww...what a lovely post! gma barb freaking rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete