Sunday, January 15, 2012

Proud

Today this prego is proud.   I finally took the time to do some gluten free baking.  I have definitely found a gluten free flour mix that is working for me instead of causing me to feel like throwing bake ware against the wall (I've never done that-but the product in the bake ware has flown).

Today I made gluten free banana chocolate chip muffins. I  have been craving muffins for a few weeks-craving in that crazy-pregnant- I gotta-have-it-and-it-better-taste-just-right-type of way (If you've ever been pregnant and gluten free you are probably nodding your head right now).  It didn't matter what flavor muffin-but it was the consistency of a regular ol' muffin that I wanted.  I didn't want a super heavy, dense muffin (which is what a lot of gluten free. I just wanted the same consistency that I am familiar with.

I think I could next time substitute walnuts for the chocolate chips.  The recipe calls for all things I had in the house except the vanilla yogurt. 
Check out the link...if you have anyone gluten free in your life----these are a treat. 
(I used Better Batter for my gf flour mix which has worked in every recipe we've tried it in!)

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=259705


This is just a close up of one muffin....doesn't it look delicious?

I made a pan of regular size muffins and a pan of minis.  They are so popable (aka, walk by-pop in the mouth. Walk by again-pop again. 

3 comments:

  1. this makes me happy..so happy i'm tearing up. i know it seems ridiculous, but to YOU..it's everything but. everytime you get a food victory, i smile and do a cheer...a real cheer! glad they are yummy and tastes-just-right!
    pw

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you finally got to have some yummy muffins. Know you've been longing for them. Looks delicious. Enjoy and have some ice cream too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be getting myself some of that flour! Meanwhile, enjoy them, as we wait and wait, make yourself another batch today - maybe blueberry, warm with melted butter, or chocolate chip with a smile, maybe even some sprinkles on top of a few. YUM!

    ReplyDelete